[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "dasz" <daszylstra at comcast dot net>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] SNMP traffic over IPSEC
 Date:  Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:03:40 -0500
Every other function does seem to work - they have about 100+ nodes at each
location and they can ping, telnet, ftp, http, do firmware/software
upgrades, etc just fine to all nodes; it only seems to be the SNMP traffic
heading back to their central office that fails -- when I look at the Mono
firewall log it shows the SNMP traffic being blocked with a source and
destination that is definitely in the IPSEC IP range, so for some reason
Mono is ignoring the destination IP and trying to pass it through the
firewall . . . . .

example of config at remote location (IPs sanitized):
IPSEC:  remote - 192.168.2.0/24, local 192.0.8.0/22  (yes they asked for a
pretty big IP range)
Here's one line from the Mono firewall log:
LAN; source = 192.0.8.13, port 161; destination = 192.168.2.50, port 162;
proto = UDP

At one location I have a secondary firewall that is logging traffic to/from
their range and it is showing SNMP coming in and going out - but when the
return traffic hits Mono the log shows it getting blocked.

When I searched the archives there were a few posts in 2004 where someone
had the same issue, but there was no resolution posted if it was figured out

I should have time Thu to upgrade on one of the Monos to see if it works . .
. . . I was hoping to find someone to confirm that they are passing SNMP
traffic over a Mono IPSEC to prove that I have something mis-configured . .
. . .

David Zylstra
(586) 764 9858