[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  KnightMB <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS servers in "General setup" aren't being passed to DHCP clients
 Date:  Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:15:24 -0600
Also keep in mind, if you use the DNS Forwarder service that the DNS
will show up as the firewall LAN address when you check the IP settings
of the machines that pull DHCP.  If you don't use DNS Forwarder, then
the raw IP of the DNS server will be sent to the DHCP clients and those
will show up in your DNS list for the machines.  Either way, both should
work just fine provided that you also do what Carsten suggested as well :-)

Thanks,
Michael