[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] captive portal support
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:17:49 +0000
No Manuel,

You are entirely right there is NO need for extensive perl libraries and
binaries. Not only would it quadruple the size of MW overnight but also
you would bring in yet one more major support headache and treble the
amount of annual releases for the patch circuit.

M0n0wall doesn't need the grief, PHP and XML are more than sufficient.
In fact I'm going to show my old friend and former Linuxcare colleague
Rasmus Lerdorf your work in a few weeks. I think he'd secretly be
pleased that PHP is being used in such a way in a live "hostile"
environment.

Richard