[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Dial up Backup
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:58:11 -0600
Has anyone successfully modified a m0n0 box with backup dial up support?

I'm just using a generic PC, there's a modem in it, so I wouldn't need
to worry about supporting an external modem via serial port.

I have the sorriest "broadband" internet in the world.  With a 70% up
time, dial up backup would be great.

Can anyone direct me in some way?  What needed "stuff" is missing right
now in m0n0?

I've been thinking about using "freesco"  on one pc, and bridging with
m0n0 on another, but that'd take two PC's.  Anyone else have an idea?
Brandon Holland    (Brandon at Cookssaw dot com)
Network Administrator
Cooks Saw MFG, LLC ( <http://www.cookssaw.com/> www.CooksSaw.com)
    "Leading the bandsaw Industry
         by providing tomorrow's innovation today"
160 Ken Lane
Newton, AL 36352  (Click
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=newton&state=AL&address=160+k
en+ln&zip=36352&country=us&zoom=5>  for map)
   Ph: 1-800-473-4804    [ (334) 692-5074 ]
   Fax: (334) 692-3704