[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Weston <Fred at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  'mono' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  failover support?
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:46:06 -0500
This is just out of curiosity, I don't have any need for this kind of
functionality, it's more of a how hard would that be kind of question.
With talk of PIX firewalls earlier on the list I was thinking about how
much we paid for a pair of PIX 515s.  The second firewall we bought cost
us next to nothing, because it would function only as a failover device
in case the primary failed (it would refuse to load it's config if the
master wasn't present).

I was just curios as to how hard it would be to implement something
similar in m0n0wall, and if anyone had ever inquired about it before?