[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at freebsd dot org>
 To:  Brandon Holland <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 Cc:  bmah at freebsd dot org, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging with 2 NICs possible in m0n0wall pb24?
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:25:43 -0800
If memory serves me right, Brandon Holland wrote:
> Could you make a "fake" interface, an "option" in the lan/wan interface
> set up?  Say "nul" or something?

Hmmm...I'm not sure.  It won't work the way I run my filtering bridge
because I need the WAN port for things like NTP synchronization and
the LAN port for Web GUI access.  I was happy enough to get filtered
bridging working that I didn't really care about wasting an Ethernet
port.  :-)

Try it and see?

Bruce.