[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Imre Ispanovits <iimre at vnet dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  mobile vpn lifetime
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:53:04 +0100
Hi,

I have 2 m0n0wall boxes (one on my office lan with fix IP, and an other
at home with dynamic IP w. DynDNS domain name). I set up IPSec tunnel
between them using the new mobile vpn feature on the office side and
tunnel mode on the home side. It worked fine as long I used that
evening, but by the morning the connection was dead, no connection to
machines on the otherside. I think somehow expired. When I set it up, I
left the "lifetime" field blank. Practically it is not a real
mobile/road-warrior config, but I want solve somehow the dynamic ip
problem.
Questions: What is the default lifetime? how can I set it to never
expire? what happens when meanwhile the isp issues new ip? If I have to
re-initialize the vpn connection by pressing "save" on the Web GUI, it
doesn't solve my problem.

Imre Ispanovits