[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Martin Holst" <mail at martinh dot dk>
 Cc:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Traffic shaper breaks inbound NAT ?
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:16:35 +0100
On 21.01.2004, at 16:50, Martin Holst wrote:

> I have the exact same problem.
> But since I had eight rules in my shaper it took a while to figure it
> out.

I've already figured it out - it's actually a bug in the FreeBSD kernel
(in ip_input.c) and not related to the changes to ip_output.c that I
made (and none of my fault I might add) - but allowing traffic shaping
on WAN triggered it. Mark Nellemann is currently testing an image with
a patched kernel and it appears to work - as soon as this is confirmed,
I'll post details, submit a FreeBSD PR and include the patched kernel
in the next release.

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier on the list, but I thought I'd
make sure it's really just that.

- Manuel