[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with booting m0n0wall from USB drive
 Date:  Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:55:10 -0300
Hi Chris,

	what really takes long is the kernel loading. After the kernel fully
loads is juts 5 seconds until everything  becomes operational. I does
not hang anywhere, but you can see the bootloader and the kernel dashes
	The problem just occurs when booting from the internal Compact-flash or
with an USB pendrive. If I plug the same compact-flash in the IDE slot
using and adapter everything is ok. I think the problem is somehow
related with the bootloader and USB devices, because the internal CF
reader is USB and not IDE as usually.
	I can live with that slow boot, but I was just trying to figure out
what is happening.

Jean