[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Harri Hyyppa <oh6hik at sral dot fi>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall 1.3 beta version download??
 Date:  Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:52:57 +0800
On 03/01/06 06:34 Harri Hyyppa said the following:
> Just a stupid question. :-) Why is
> <http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-1.3a1.img>generic-pc-1.3a1.img
> dated earlier than
> <http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-1.21.img>generic-pc-1.21.img ?

that's because 1.3a1 came before 1.21. for a brief description of the
numbering system, 1.2 is the stable, production ready m0n0wall which most
people are using. it's based on freebsd 4.x.

1.3 is a branch i started in an effort to port m0n0wall over to freebsd
6.x, and the images on the download site are examples of this. m0n0wall 1.3
is still in ALPHA and far from ready for production until it's fully tested
by the community. as of now, i've received very little feedback from
testers, hence the rather lagged update cycle. i'd greatly appreciate more
testing on functionality, performance as well as breakage on the 1.3 series.