[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan Wagoner" <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] monowall 1.3 beta version download??
 Date:  Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:18:28 -0500
Thanks for the info. I found a workaround. VMware can take serial output and send it to a named
pipe. I found this utility that I'm going to test out later that can send named pipe data to a tcp
port on the localhost so you can just telnet into the serial console.

http://shvechkov.tripod.com/nptp.html

On the 1.21 generic images does it send the data to console and serial port? The reason I ask is
because I know people are running it on IP330s which only have serial output. I'm about to buy one
of these and was trying to run through in my head how to install it as I have to spoof the mac
addys.

Ryan