[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kim Meibom Hartlev <kim at hartlev dot net>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall 1.3 beta version download??
 Date:  Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:17:39 +0100
On 01/03/06 09:52 Dinesh Nair said the following:
> 1.3 is a branch i started in an effort to port m0n0wall over to freebsd
> 6.x, and the images on the download site are examples of this. m0n0wall
> 1.3 is still in ALPHA and far from ready for production until it's fully
> tested by the community. as of now, i've received very little feedback
> from testers, hence the rather lagged update cycle. i'd greatly
> appreciate more testing on functionality, performance as well as
> breakage on the 1.3 series.

I think if you made it more visible e.g. on the website you would get a
lot more people to test it - like previously there was a beta section in
the menu and maybe there should be an alpha section too. Anyway, I've
upgraded from 1.2b7 to 1.3a1 and here are my first observations.

Wireless status does not work as expected. I checked with no wireless
clients connected and there was a long list with a lot of mac addresses
with only zeroes (00:00:00:00:00). After that I connected a wireless
client and then the list was empty. However connectivity was working
fine. I use an Atheros 5212 chipset miniPCI card on a net4511.

In dmesg the last lines state:
pid 193 (wicontrol), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
pid 443 (wicontrol), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
ath0: device timeout

Captive portal is not backward compatible with the local user manager in
1.2b7. At least the list of users were empty and I had to create them again.

/Kim