[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ty Hoeffer <pth3k at virginia dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall 1.3 beta version download??
 Date:  Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:39:03 -0500
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 03:52, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On 03/01/06 06:34 Harri Hyyppa said the following:
> > Just a stupid question. :-) Why is
> > <http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-1.3a1.img>generic-pc-1.3a1.img
> > dated earlier than
> > <http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-1.21.img>generic-pc-1.21.img ?
>
> that's because 1.3a1 came before 1.21. for a brief description of the
> numbering system, 1.2 is the stable, production ready m0n0wall which most
> people are using. it's based on freebsd 4.x.
>
> 1.3 is a branch i started in an effort to port m0n0wall over to freebsd
> 6.x, and the images on the download site are examples of this. m0n0wall 1.3
> is still in ALPHA and far from ready for production until it's fully tested
> by the community. as of now, i've received very little feedback from
> testers, hence the rather lagged update cycle. i'd greatly appreciate more
> testing on functionality, performance as well as breakage on the 1.3
> series.

I'd love to test it, but when it was announced only GENERIC PC & 45xx versions
available. I have two 4801's so I'm "left out in the cold" so to speak as are
all 48xx owners.

	Ty Hoeffer

* Ty Hoeffer -- IS Net Engineer -- UVa. Health System/Computing Services
* pth3k at Virginia.EDU  --  http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty
* "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
* Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision."  Ben Franklin