[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  Matthias dot Kessler at RZ dot Uni dash Augsburg dot DE, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] SIP Problem
 Date:  Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:53:05 +0000
Hi Matthias,

It's normally quite difficult to do tracing/sniffing on the WAN side of a
firewall. So my advice would be to dig into the SIP protocol and understand
this instead.

I think that your monowall closes inbound ports due to timeouts in the nat
translation table. One solution is to do port forwarding to your internal
SIP client. However, a lot of effort has been put into devoloping protocols
to enable seemless NAT traversal. My advice is that you use these protocols
instead.

1) Disable any SIP related portforwarding that you've set up in your
firewall -if any.
2) Enable STUN on your SIP client
3) Enable keep-alive packages from your SIP client
4) Enable "rport" on your SIP client if possible
5) reset the nat firewall state table (the simple way is to reboot the
firewall)
6) Reset your SIP client to force a re-registration

Now you should be up and running again. If not, then let me know.

Mvh.