[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Matthias Kessler <Matthias dot Kessler at RZ dot Uni dash Augsburg dot DE>
 To:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SIP Problem
 Date:  Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:39:12 +0100

- --- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---\nAbsender: Alex Neuman van der
Hans\nDatum: 02.03.2006 04:01
> How about reducing the MTU across the board?

Which board do you mean? The m0n0wall WAN port (PPPoE), the m0n0wall LAN
port (it's ethernet) or the LAN port from my SIP box?

Besides this I don't think this would help me because the problem is
with traffic from the outside to my network and not the other way round.
And when I remember myself correct: there is no 3-way-handshake with UDP
packets. They are just sent.

But I will try reducing the MTU and tell if it worked.

> Matthias Kessler wrote:
> Now I think I found the problem. The incoming UDP packets are fragmented
> and only one part gets translated to the local IP address. See here:
> 17:20:08.612482 ng0 @0:23 b -> PR udp len
> 20 (756) (frag 45742:736@744+) IN
> 17:20:08.608072 ng0 @0:23 b -> PR udp len 20
> (143) (frag 45742:123@1480) IN