[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Birkby" <rbirkby at gmail dot com>
 To:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Email List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Failing at the first step
 Date:  Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:10:57 +0000
On 3/2/06, sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com> wrote:

> On 3/1/06, Richard Birkby <rbirkby at gmail dot com> wrote:

> DHCP
> > then
> laptop.

> have
> > 4

> > hasn't
> > ram?)

> > > Assuming you have downloaded and are using the cd-rom version, you
> > > need a floppy to save the config.
> >

> > OK. But I guess it should work with the default config assuming I never
> need
> > to change anything? Any idea what's wrong or how I can find out?
> >

> > Richard
> >

> Which version of the software are you using? what was the name of the
> file you downloaded?
>
> Did you follow http://doc.m0n0.ch/quickstartpc/ ? This was written for
> a for non-pc platform but gives you  good start.

It's working! Here's how:

I've managed to find a floppy drive.
I've managed to find an old floppy disk and found a computer capable of
formatting it.
I've replaced the switch with a cross-over cable. (further investigation
required)

My last remaining question is why won't Firefox 1.5 show the SVG graphs. If
I go directly to the graph.php page, the SVG shows perfectly. It's just they
won't show inline.

Richard