[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall and asynch
 Date:  Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:28:51 -0700
I use m0n0 as a filtering bridge for a network with a DS3 (routed by a
Cisco), 35 servers and around 500 active subscribers behind it, and it
has not failed in months (last failure was a power supply) I just
followed the guide at
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html simple & easy.

The m0n0 box sits between my Cisco router and the main switch. I used
Intel PRO 10/100 cards in a P4 2.8Ghz with 512Mb of ram, and it sustains
30+Mbps but I tested it out at around 90Mbps sustained.

-Eric