[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Johnny Johns <srbassalot at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  setup issues w/ cable/Dsl router
 Date:  Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:00:15 -0800 (PST)
Greets everyone,
A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Is anyone else running M0n0wall in conjunction with a cable/Dsl router?
If so, how do you get around the suggested configuration of setting M0n0wall's
Lan IP address to the default gateway address of the DHCP server in the router?

I can only assume he is referring to a machine acting as an DHCP server on your Lan and not a
cable/dsl router acting as the DHCP server.

If I do so, I have no way to access the Gui for the router or M0n0wall because they share the same
address.

Surely there is an answer but I cannot find any information on this subject.

Thanks in advance,
JJ