[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] setup issues w/ cable/Dsl router
 Date:  Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:11:43 +0100
Heya

Why don't you use the m0n0wall as the DSL/Cable-Router itself?
If you want to stick to the additional router you can set the router to
give away DHCP adresses to clients, set the m0n0wall to Dynamic IP so it
gets all information from your router, and the m0n0wall itself could act
as a DHCP-server for the lan again.
If so, you would need to set the internal IP of the m0n0wall to another
subnet than the router runs in.
But using m0n0wall as the router itself is the easiest solution IMHO.

Greetings
Carsten Holbach

Johnny Johns schrieb:
> Greets everyone,
> A little help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Is anyone else running M0n0wall in conjunction with a cable/Dsl router?
> If so, how do you get around the suggested configuration of setting M0n0wall's
> Lan IP address to the default gateway address of the DHCP server in the router?
>
> I can only assume he is referring to a machine acting as an DHCP server on your Lan and not a
cable/dsl router acting as the DHCP server.