[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kenman Wong <kenman dot wong at iaspec dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hub-And-Spoke VPN
 Date:  Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:45:15 +0800
Hi,

I've just started reading this post and I am asked to configure a
hub-spoke VPN for our offices. We have 3 offices location with the
central office having static IP and the two branch offices using dynamic
IPs.

Hub LAN         : 10.1.x.x
Spoke #1 LAN : 10.11.x.x
Spoke #2 LAN : 10.21.x.x

I only use M0n0wall on the two Spokes while the Hub is a Netscreen 100
device. I can get both MW's and the NS-100 to connect an IPsec tunnel
between each other. Once I create and start the second set of tunnels to
route traffic from Spoke #1 to Spoke #2, both tunnels will close and
they fail Phase 1 negotiation. My NS-100 tells me about not finding the
correct Phase 1 scheme. My guess is NS-100 gets confused which tunnel it
is negotiating with.

So if we do the second set of tunnels, do we create a tunnel with an
entirely different Pre-shared key/secret? How about the My Identifier? I
use "User FQDN" followed by an email address on the MW's with Aggressive
negotiation. Does the second set of tunnel must use a different "User
FQDN"?

cheers,
Kenman