[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Two problems which may (may not) have easy solutions...
 Date:  Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:07:21 +0100
Jeffrey A. Monroe schrieb:
> I have been testing the 1.21 version of m0n0wall. I like it, but I have two problems which keep me
from using it in a production environment.

> First, my m0n0wall is setup with the WAN and OPT1 bridged and I have set the advanced setting to
enable the bridge.

> 2) We use the Cisco VPN client 4.6.x to reach inside some of our clients networks. It seems that
some of the UDP port activity is blocked. I see the login screen and then it hangs. I have sene some
discussion about the Cisco VPN client 4.7.x fixing the problem. Most of my clients have not renewed
their Cisco support contracts so they are not getting updated client software. Is there any way to
modify the ruleset to make this work?

Hi,
I have no problems with the cisco VPN-Client 4.0.x and 4.7.x with
allowed UDP port 500 to UDP port 500 and allowed ESP connecting to PIXes
with 6.35 and 7.04. On the other hand, if you have problems with the
VPN-Client 4.6.x it is a bug (or feature (-;)) from cisco and the
problem should be solved with upgrading the Client

bye
Christoph

> Thanks,
>
> Jeffrey Monroe