[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeppe Oland" <uxorious at acon dot dezign dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: 2nd (public) IP on the WAN interface?
 Date:  Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:46:39 -0800
> I have a pretty standard network setup:
>
> DSL modem/bridge <-> M0n0 <-> PC.
>
> DSL modem provides a public IP address via DHCP to the M0n0
> WAN interface.
> On the LAN interface I used the standard 192.168.1.x range.
>
> Now the issue I have is that the modem has a webserver
> running on 192.168.0.1 where I can get connection stats....
> But I can't get a connection to it.
>
> How would I configure m0n0 to make this work?

Also, I have tried removing the "Block private networks" checkbox in the WAN
configuration, but this doesn't work.

I assume m0n0 will forward the request for 192.168.0.1 to its GW since it's
not on the same subnet.
The problem is that the IP that the modem gives out does not route back.

I have tried adding static routes, proxy arp, and outbound NAT - all to no
effect... What I really need is a 2nd IP on the WAN interface - but that
isn't supported :(

Any way to get this working?

Regards,
-Jeppe