[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  "Brett Woodruff" <brett at skyways dot us>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WAN IP service bounce/Nat to another external IP..
 Date:  Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:42:37 +1000
Hi Brett,

The port block at the ISP will happen before the traffic gets to you
(hence why the ISP can block it) and therefore you have no way of
circumventing this with a rule as the traffic doesn't make it to your
rule.

Not to mention that attempting to circumvent conditions your ISP places
on you will likely result in them terminating that connection/account,
sometimes without warning (as you agreed in the acceptance of their
T&Cs).

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT