[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] some questions
 Date:  Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:42:05 -0600
From: <eric at austinconventioncenter dot com>

> 1st off, thanks for such a great piece of software. I was able to install
> it to an IDE based server and upgrade to the latest version easily.

> I have a few questions though

> Is/will there be scsi support?

There is now.  If you write the image to a SCSI disk, it work.  How you
write it to a SCSI disk is the only issue.  But all of the published methods
will work with SCSI if you specify it.

> I set up vlan ints and put the switch port in trunk mode, yet I am unable
> to connect on interface Opt1 even with firewall rules added - no icmp.,tcp
> etc.
> Is there a trick to getting vlans operational?

Several.  However, many involve how you set up the switch, and that end.  We
need a lot more information on your setup to understand where your problem
is.

> Is/will there be a way to bind snmp to an opt interface? I wanted to
> create an out-of-band int for monitoring/secure access.

I have no clue.  Just want to leave this in the thread for the next guy to
answer.

> forgot to ask this in the last email..

No problem...

> Is/will there be a way to setup m0n0wall in redundant mode?
> ala ucarp or ciscos' hsrp?

No.  However, pfsense http://www.pfsense.com/ which is a fork of m0n0wall,
does.  And while it is quite good, it has different hardware requirements.
Some would also say it is not as mature.

                        Lee