[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Loc Tran <tranlocquy at sbcglobal dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall blocks all incomming connections
 Date:  Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:59:14 -0500
Loc Tran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just reinstalled monowall and now it blocks all
> incomming connections on my wan interface. I do have
> certain ports open such as SMTP, DNS, FTP, http, https
> but the logs indicate that it is blocking everything.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Loc

hi Loc...

Sounds to me like you may have created the RULES on your WAN interface
to allow certain traffic IN to your interrnal machine(s), but I am going
to guess that you may have forgotten to set up NAT rules to map where
those types of traffic go.

Don't forget, you need both, NAT and the WAN rules for what it soulds
like you are trying to do.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity