[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Harvey" <paulharvey at sanmar dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP Issue
 Date:  Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:59:25 -0800
Hello.

I just moved this weekend from Smoothwall to m0n0wall.  I opted for the
generic PC image to CF card to give it a test before I purchased the
Embedded PC.  From what I have seen it is extremely flexible and easy to
configure.

I have followed the documentation for installing and configuring PPTP
server.  I do have a rule on the PPTP Interface to allow PPTP Clients to
any.  I was able to test internally which worked fine.  I am not able to
make a connection from my office though.  Here is my config

Version: 1.21

I am assigning pptp clients 192.168.38.192/28  Server address is
192.168.38.254

Require 128 bit Encryption

When Trying to connect from my office it connects, then hangs on verifying
username and password.  Here is the error message from my log file.  I
cleared the log, then attempted a connection and these are the entries.
slightly long.  I apologize.

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] IPCP: LayerStart

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] IPCP: Open event

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] bundle: OPEN event in state CLOSED

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] opening link "pt0"...

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] link: OPEN event

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: Open event

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: state change Initial --> Starting

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: LayerStart

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] device: OPEN event in state DOWN

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] attaching to peer's outgoing call

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] device is now in state OPENING

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] device: UP event in state OPENING

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] device is now in state UP

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] link: UP event

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] link: origination is remote

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: Up event

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: state change Starting --> Req-Sent

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: phase shift DEAD --> ESTABLISH

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: SendConfigReq #1

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: ACFCOMP

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: PROTOCOMP

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: MRU 1500

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: MAGICNUM 398eeb78

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: AUTHPROTO CHAP MSOFTv2

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: MP MRRU 1600

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: MP SHORTSEQ

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: ENDPOINTDISC [802.1]

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: pptp0-0: ignoring SetLinkInfo

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: rec'd Configure Request #0 link 0 (Req-Sent)

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: MRU 1400

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: MAGICNUM 0cf80612

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: PROTOCOMP

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: ACFCOMP

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: CALLBACK

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: Not supported

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: [pt0] LCP: SendConfigRej #0

Mar 6 08:10:04

mpd: CALLBACK

My office IP is not the same as my home internal address.  Am I missing
something?  My office firewall allows me out to anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.