[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] no WAN access to DMZ http
 Date:  Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:47:53 -0600
From: "Steve Johnson" <sjohnson at warpdriveonline dot com>
> Steve Johnson wrote:

>> Lee Sharp wrote:

>>> Is your m0n0wall web interface http or https?  If http, it could be the
>>> antilockout rule.  Try changing m0n0wall to https and see if it works.

>> Good idea, but no, that wasn't it. I switched webGUI protocol to https
>> and rebooted the firewall. I still get a connection timeout from the
>> accessing browser, and no record of the access attempt in the log.

>I checked with the ISP and found out that they block port 25, but nothing
>else. So now I'm really stumped as to why I'm not seeing http access
>attempts in the firewall log.

To get in you need both a inbound NAT rule, and a firewall rule.  An easy
check is to flip back to http for m0n0wall and turn off the inbound NAT.  If
you get the m0n0wall page, you have the firewall rule OK.  If not, you need
to open up the firewall more.  If you do get it, look at your inbound NAT
rule.

                        Lee