[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Henry Kwan" <spam at designmedia dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: FTP behind a m0n0
 Date:  Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:59:53 -0800 (PST)
>Hi,
>I am strugling to get my ftp-server to respond in a correct way after
>starting using m0n0wall.
>Can someone tell me how this is so much more difficult for m0n0 than for
>other firewalls?
>I have a server behind the firewall that accepts passive connections and
>active ones. This has worked out just fine earlier.
>Now I cant ls the ftp at all when using active connection.
>With passive I am not having any luck connection at all.
>
>I am using Serv-U (and IIS ftp) on the server(s). Difficult to edit which
>ports the passive should be used also...
>
>Anyone have any experience in this field?

If you find anything out, I would be very interested in hearing about the
solution.  I just brought up a m0n0wall today and am testing it to see if
it can replace a SonicWall but among other things, I can't get FTP to work
on a m0n0wall.  The same setup that worked fine for a SonicWall fails on
the m0n0wall.  I can login but the data channel can't connect.