[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP behind a m0n0
 Date:  Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:28:15 +0200
On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 01:59 +0100, NetworxStudios wrote:
> Hi,
> I am strugling to get my ftp-server to respond in a correct way after
> starting using m0n0wall.
> Can someone tell me how this is so much more difficult for m0n0 than for
> other firewalls?

FTP is one of those 'special' protocols that requires a protocol, or
application specific proxy or some other mechanism. Why? Because it uses
multiple ports.

Have you tried using 1:1 NAT with/without ProxyARP?

> I have a server behind the firewall that accepts passive connections and
> active ones. This has worked out just fine earlier.

What do you mean by 'earlier' - you're sounding like a (l)user :P please
elaborate!

> Now I cant ls the ftp at all when using active connection.
> With passive I am not having any luck connection at all.

Hmmm, strange that you cannot even connect.

> I am using Serv-U (and IIS ftp) on the server(s). Difficult to edit which
> ports the passive should be used also...

Are you sure you want to open IIS to the outside world?

Please do some trouble-shooting, eg turn on logging etc.

Do also give us an indication of your m0n0 config, it doesn't help if we
have to guess.

Ciao
--
Marko