[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RP Smith" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] More VoIP Traffic Shaping Questions
 Date:  Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:24:12 -0600
The trick to traffic shaping is setting your upstream pipe size.  I use the
"Traffic Graph" to monitor outgoing traffic and under a saturated outgoing
file transfer.  I then lower the pipe size a little bit at a time until the
graph changes from a wavy line to a fairly straight line.  The wavy line
indicates you are not the one limiting your outgoing traffic where as the
straight line indicates you are the one controlling the maximum amount of
outgoing traffic.  Also, I only traffic shape outgoing and not incoming
traffic and my Vonage VoIP adapter works flawlessly 95% of the time.

Roy...