[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] portal login loop with Sveasoft WDS??
 Date:  Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:17:52 -0500
On 3/7/06, neil dixon <neil at badhead dot com> wrote:

> This is the MAC and  static IP of the  2nd Linksys box (first Linksys is
> wired to OPT1 interface, Linksys's 2  to  5 then connect via WDS to the
> first). Shouldn't it be the actual PC that's attempting  to login that
> passes it's IP and MAC for authentication? Or am I thinking wrong here?

If you're bridging the wireless on the Linksys, then yes, it should.
But, we've seen numerous times in the past that all the custom
firmware for Linksys boxes have bugs that can cause the MAC's to not
be passed through as they should be when you're bridging.  It seems
upgrading to the latest version fixed this in the past, but it's
possible the same bugs have come back if you're already on the latest
version.

Regardless, it's an issue with the custom Linksys firmwares, nothing
to do with m0n0wall.

-Chris