[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "Mattia Martinello" <liste at mattiamartinello dot com>, "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Masquerading problems
 Date:  Wed, 8 Mar 2006 08:41:46 -0600
Mattia Martinello wrote:
> Chris Buechler ha scritto:
>> sounds like the default gateway isn't set properly on that 67.254
>> host, needs to be set to 67.252.
> Why? There is no need to setup a default  gateway on m0n0wall, because
> 67.254 is on the same network of 67.252, and I can ping it from
> m0n0wall.. The problem is that m0n0wall doesn't let the masquerade
> from the LAN clients..

The WAN interface needs a default gateway just like any other host
interface. The LAN/OPTn interfaces do not need a gateway, they are a
gateway. Every firewall/NAT Router I have dealt with has had an IP
address, Subnet Mask and a Default Gateway on the WAN/RED/Exterior
interface.

My initial guess would be ticking the allow private networks on the WAN.
(I assume you used your real addresses on the initial posts...)

James W. McKeand