[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph hanle<christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  "Peter van Eck"<peter at vaneckonline dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DMZ static route
 Date:  Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:11:48 +0100 (MET)
----- original Nachricht --------

Betreff: [m0n0wall] DMZ static route

Von: "Peter van Eck" <peter at vaneckonline dot net>

> Hi,
>
> I've got m0n0wall 1.21 on a  3 interface soekris 4801.
>
> What I would like/need is to create DMZ zone. currently I've got
> a wired LAN , Wireless LAN and the WAN interface configured in M0n0wall.
>
> Is it advisable to create the DMZ in the Wired LAN behind a 2nd
> router/firewall using static routes in M0n0wall ?
No.
It is possible, but not advisable.
If  you don't have the possibility to use a router with four interfaces WAN/ Wireless / DMZ and Lan
and you have to use two routers do following:
Wan-side use a firewall with two interfaces (WAN and DMZ) and on LAN-side use a Firewall with three
interfaces (DMZ / wireless and LAN).
always with two Firewall nating etc. is tricky but possible.
bye
Christoph

--- original Nachricht Ende ----