[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disable WebGUI and use Shell only?
 Date:  Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:34:42 +0100
Jimmy Bones (Mhottie) schrieb:
> Hello guys.
>
> Is there a way to disable the webgui and configure/access via shell/ssh
> only?
without patches:no

> Or maybe run the webgui on an odd port, etc? Have the console menu dump into
> a shell login prompt instead of console menu, etc?
A possible way is the following:
Use a box with three interfaces;
Put a Laptop with crossovercable on LAN, hardening the access to the
M0n0 (https,high-port, strong password, rules).
Put the internal LAN to the OPT1 interface, deny access to the IP of the
M0n0 except DNS, log it.

So it is not possible to reach the webgui within the Lan

bye
Christoph

--
last words: