[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nicolai Scheer <scope at planetavent dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1st timer install woes
 Date:  Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:07:32 +0100
Hi!

jan gestre schrieb:
> i would like to try out monowall as a possible backup or replacement for our
> opensource based firewall, but i'm having difficulty installing it. i would
> like to install monowall to our hard drive but i'm stucked on the console
> part, i.e., after the cdrom boots and i saved the interface configuration on
> the floppy disk and ask for a reboot, im back again to console mode. i cant
> seem to get pass that stage, anybody here willing to guide me step by step.

If the interfaces are configured correctly you should be able to access
the web-interface of your m0n0wall by http://<m0n0wall-lan-ip-here>
(which is 192.168.1.1 by default) after boot.
Of course your m0n0wall has to be connected to your LAN (some switch
etc...) or directly to your pc (crossover cable...)

Any further configuration is done there...

hth,

Nico