[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James Harrington" <jharrington at hyelm dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  My Firewall Doesn't Appear to Work Properly.... I think??
 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:19:20 -0000
I have the following rules on my firewall LAN interface

Allow LAN to Anywhere (protocol tcp port 80)

Allow LAN to Anywhere (protocol tcp port 443)

Allow LAN to Anywhere (protocol tcp port 1863)

Deny LAN ALL to ALL

My understanding of the above configuration means that the only ports users
would be able to access are 80, 443, and 1863.  However all of my users have
the ability to reach port 6098 which this the portal I am using for the web
interface on my m0n0wall.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong.  I don't want my users to be able
to get to anything other than HTTP, SSL, and MSN

Thanks

James