[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Kemp" <akemp at iquest dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Designate syslog facility?
 Date:  Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:07:23 -0500
Anyone?

Andrew
Network Operations
IQuest Internet

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kemp [mailto:akemp at iquest dot net]
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:34 AM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

I was just thinking, I found the /var/etc/syslog.conf. Could I edit that
manually and then -HUP the syslogd process and send *.* localX @my local
syslog box and comment everything else out?

If that works, I would probly have to redo it whenever I reboot, but
past that, is there any reason why anyone thinks it wouldn't work?

Andrew