[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] My Firewall Doesn't Appear to Work Properly.... I think??
 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:03:03 +0100
James Harrington schrieb:
> I have the following rules on my firewall LAN interface
>

> Allow LAN to Anywhere (protocol tcp port 80)
>
> Allow LAN to Anywhere (protocol tcp port 443)
>
> Allow LAN to Anywhere (protocol tcp port 1863)
>
> Deny LAN ALL to ALL
>

> My understanding of the above configuration means that the only ports users
> would be able to access are 80, 443, and 1863.  However all of my users have
> the ability to reach port 6098 which this the portal I am using for the web
> interface on my m0n0wall.
IMHO its a bug in the concept of initial configuration of the m0n0wall.
in the short way you have to do following:
- Allow DNS to M0n0 internal IP from LAN
- Allow ICMP to anywhere from LAN
- Allow HTTPS (or the later changed port) from your AdminPC to M0n0
internal IP
- Deny all to M0n0 internal IP from LAN, log
- allow 80,443,1863 from LAN to anywhere
- deny all from LAN to anywhere, log
- change Webgui to HTTPS and change the port
- disable webGUI anti-lockout on the advanced page
- reboot

bye
Christoph

--