[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Help on which NAT to choose
 Date:  Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:17:03 -0600
Andrea Gangini wrote:
> I've tested monowall in a simple configuration and I found it very
> complete and robust; so I want to migrate the firewall (ipcop based)
> of our company to monowall.
> However I could'nt understand how to replicate a simple ipcop feature,
> which is that the firewall must have multiple WAN ips, each with its
> own port forward rules. In ipcop this feature is called "network
> alias". The internal network is NATted on a single WAN ip (all
> outbound requests originate from the same IP).
> Could please someone point me in the right direction?

Server NAT would fit the bill. This allows you to have choices on
External Address the Inbound NAT page. You may or may not need Proxy
ARP.

From the add Internal NAT rule:
If you want this rule to apply to another IP address than the IP address
of the interface chosen above, select it here (you need to define IP
addresses on the Server NAT page first).

All traffic from the internal network (LAN) will be NATed to the WAN IP.
Unless, you start playing with the Outbound NAT (i.e. Enable advanced
outbound NAT), this is the default behavior.

James W. McKeand