[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT on LAN
 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:42:42 -0600
Denilson Rocha wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to use NAT to addresses on LAN, but when I try to create some
> NAT rule, I can only choose WAN or OPT1... Is there a way to do this?

When you NAT an address the "External Address" will be WAN or OPT1 (or
Server NAT address). The "NAT Address" is the address on the LAN.

Think of it this way: if you are going to allow access to a web server
on your LAN you would allow traffic to port 80 the WAN IP of the
m0n0wall to forwarded (NATed) to port 80 on the IP of the web server on
the LAN.

What exactly are you attempting to do?

James W. McKeand