[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] h.323
 Date:  Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:20:56 -0500
I've never seen anything that might imply it does. In fact h.323 is, as
others have mentioned, a PITA to set up behind a NAT unless there are
gateways involved - and m0n0 isn't one.

Most people nowadays use IAX2 (works pretty well with NATs) and SIP
(works well most of the time, but in *some* cases requires an STUN
server) instead of h.323, so it all depends on your specific needs.

Wesley K. Joyce wrote:
> What about h.323 voice AND video AND data sharing with endpoints like Polycomm, or even Netmeeting
like Giuseppe asked.  Historically there have always been problems doing h.323 behind a NAT
firewall.   Usually you have to use a Cisco PIX with h.323 fixups or some other h.323 NAT gateway.

> Does monowall over come the issue of NAT and H3.323 for video conferencing?

large VoIP network and would like to keep the m0n0 in place as the firewall.