[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Koch [TiKay Event]" <tikay dot event at googlemail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Server and dial on demand
 Date:  Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:08:27 +0100
Yes, you have to have a connection "round the clock". Deactivate the
TimeOut-Idle and the DialOnDemand. So the connection is up all the time. To
use the PPtP-Server from outwards, you also should have a DynDNS-Address, to
have a evernew Domain to your System.

MfG

Thomas

2006/3/12, Michael Schwandt <michaelschwandt at gmx dot de>:

> Hello list,
>
> I am new to the list and have a question about the PPTP server.
>
> Do I have to deactivate dial on demand (PPPoE) in order to reach the
> PPTP server over the internet?
> My understanding is that i have to deactivate it, because if the
> m0n0wall is not connected
> to the internet, I will not reach the PPTP server, or am I wrong?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

TiKay Event

Website: www.tikay-event.de
eMail: info at tikay dash event dot de

Thomas Koch

Beien-Weg 30
D-44623 Herne

Telefon: (0 23 23) 3 98 29 71
Telefax: (0 23 23) 3 98 29 72
Mobil: (0 17 8) 1 53 51 17 !!! Achtung, neue Mobilnummer !!!