[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Some Problem with PPTP
 Date:  Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:56:30 -0600
From: "Simon Vetterli" <simon dot vetterli at thaipath dot ch>

> I have the follow situation:

> I work from home and like to connect to the office; both sides have an
> m0n0-wall.

> The situation is, when I connect with one pc from home, everything is
> okay.
> When I like to connect during the first pc is still connected, I get the
> message 619 (from Dial-Up-window).

> What could it be?

> Some incorrect config?

> CableCom; using DynDNS.

The problem is that many network protocols are not NAT friendly.  PPtP is
one such protocol.  The first one connects fine, but the second seems to be
coming from the same IP (after NAT) and fails.  You will need IPsec on the
m0n0wall firewalls themselves to set up a real full time tunnel between both
sites to have more than one system at a time.

                        Lee