[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  "'Simon Vetterli'" <simon dot vetterli at thaipath dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem with VPN, PPTP and RDP
 Date:  Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:55:52 -0800
>I try to connect to my Windows 2003-Server over RDP, while I have my
>PPTP-connection.

>But I can't connect to my server. Here I send the log's from system an
>firewall. I see, that it's blocking something in the firewall, but how
>I can unblock?

I'm not sure about the blocking issue but I've had issues where I haven't
been able to connect using Remote Desktop to the server or the workstations.
I ended up rebooting the Windows 2003 server and was able to connect again.
That worked for a while then I ran into the same problem again.  I remember
seeing a post (non-m0n0wall related) where someone wasn't able to connect
using RDP unless they checked off Bitmap Caching under the Experience tab
when you click on Options.  I tried it and sure enough it worked.  I don't
know why it worked but I just leave that option off now even though I'm sure
it isn't as efficient rather than have to reboot the server.