[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denilson Rocha <denilson at vertentes dot com dot br>
 To:  Tim Chapins <tchapins at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hide SSID
 Date:  Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:00:15 -0300
Tim, I know that hide SSID is far away from be efficient against
attacks. This is not what I intend. I have problems in some clients with
specific WLAN cards. The software from the card associates to the SSID
with stronger SNR, even if I place the correct SSID in the
configuration. But only happens if the SSID is open. I have 3 different
wireless networks, and if the client of one of them associates with the
wrong AP, his connection don't work.

So, to hide the SSID would be important to me...

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Denilson