[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RP Smith" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>
 To:  bradley at itelework dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall and Passive FTP...
 Date:  Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:06:42 -0600
Bradley,

You don't need to forward port 20. Your FTP server uses that port for
outbound connections.  Also, did you configure your filezilla FTP server for
the same passive range (6000-6999) and did you configure it to use your
public not private IP for passive transfers?

Roy...

After studying the Archive, I have not found a full answer to how to
setup Monowall to successfully allow Passive FTP.

We are on the latest version of monowall, and using FileZilla FTP server
configured for passive FTP.

Monowall has simple port forwarding of ports 20-21 and 6000-6999 to the
Filezilla FTP Server(Rules and NAT)

We can only get ACTIVE ftp to work, PASSIVE fails on reading the
directory of the FTP server.

Did I totally miss something, configure Monowall wrong, or can Monowall
do this?

Connection details:

Dynamic IP
Monowall is the edge device.