[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Craig Hulbert" <craig at mylittleservers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple Networks behind NIC of Captive Portal
 Date:  Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:33:48 -0500
I have a large network that I would like to front end with a captive portal.
The front of the m0n0wall is the Internet with NAT outbound
The LAN interface comes off a Cisco PIX that has many tunnels in network
extension (routing) mode.
The LAN interface is of the m0n0wall
The Pix interface is
When I send traffic across the tunnel it I can get out of the pix.. but the
m0n0wall doesnt pick up the traffic thus I can't get through it.
Is the m0n0wall limited to 1 network behind the captive portal.. i.e. no
other routers?
The monowall can ping across the tunnels
The tunneled pc's can't ping the m0n0wall.. I can see the traffic going to
the m0n0wall but not coming back.
Am I missing something..
I have 500 sites I wan't to run guest access at.. I can't afford a device at
each site.. I would like to backhaul a subnet per facility over a vpn and
then hit a single m0n0wall
thus making managment easier of the entire network of guests
craig at mylittleservers dot com