[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Craig Hulbert" <craig at mylittleservers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple Networks behind NIC of Captive Portal
 Date:  Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:33:48 -0500
I have a large network that I would like to front end with a captive portal.

The front of the m0n0wall is the Internet with NAT outbound

The LAN interface comes off a Cisco PIX that has many tunnels in network
extension (routing) mode.

The LAN interface is 192.168.0.1/24 of the m0n0wall
The Pix interface is 192.168.0.2

When I send traffic across the tunnel it I can get out of the pix.. but the
m0n0wall doesnt pick up the traffic thus I can't get through it.

Is the m0n0wall limited to 1 network behind the captive portal.. i.e. no
other routers?

The monowall can ping across the tunnels

The tunneled pc's can't ping the m0n0wall.. I can see the traffic going to
the m0n0wall but not coming back.

Am I missing something..

I have 500 sites I wan't to run guest access at.. I can't afford a device at
each site.. I would like to backhaul a subnet per facility over a vpn and
then hit a single m0n0wall
thus making managment easier of the entire network of guests

Thanks
craig at mylittleservers dot com