[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Which WiFi cards for WRAP?
 Date:  Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:53:31 -1000
Mark Phillips wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> My Linksys WAP54G bit the dust tonight and so I thought I'd buy myself
> a WiFi card to add into my WRAP 3C board. Anyone know which cards are
> supported?

non-beta m0n0wall:
AP or STA mode
    prism2, prism2.5, prism3.0 cards

STA mode
    Orinoco/Avaya/Lucent/Agere/Proxim (the 11b cards, not any 11a or 11g
card)

1.2b5-1.2b7:
    Most 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Atheros cards
    Plus all the 'non-beta' cards

pfSense (you didn't ask, but..)
    Nearly any Atheros based card you can currently purchase.
    All beta and non-beta cards (still no AP mode on
Orinoco/Avaya/Lucent/Agere/Proxim

Your WRAP 2C (AFAIK, there is no "3C" model) only supports miniPCI
cards.   Nearly every miniPCI card has MHF/u.fl RF connectors.  You'll
need at least one "pigtail" and antenna.

Jim