[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Polus, Tomasz" <tomek at polvision dot com dot pl>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FW: m0n0wall blocks incoming UDP 500
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:44:32 +0100

Nope. As I stated before, Linux NAT works great in this configuration.
After switching from Linux to m0n0wall - connection cannot be
established.

Me --- Linux NAT      --- INTERNET --- Linksys VPN router  = YES
Me --- m0n0wall NAT --- INTERNET --- Linksys VPN router  = NO

>  The process of NAT breaks IPsec unless the terminating
> device supports and has NAT-T enabled.  Previously, you may
> have had ESP forwarded to your machine, but ipfilter doesn't
> support anything but TCP and UDP on non-1:1 forwards.

In other words.... Linux can do it, but FreeBSD cannot? Very
interesting....

--
Tomasz Polus, Polvision