[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <simon dot vetterli at hotelplan dot ch>
 To:  <pgnews at netzwerkcenter dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and clients behind it creating PPTP-Tunnels
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:06:23 +0100
Hi Peter Guhl

Do You work from behind NAT? I had the same problem, the I changed to IPSec, no problem now!

Kind Regards.

Simon Vetterli
IC-Berater Informatik Hotelplan

Hotelplan AG
Internationale Reiseorganisation

CH-8152 Glattbrugg
Tel:	+41 43 211 79 56
Fax:	+41 43 222 96 14
mailto:simon dot vetterli at hotelplan dot ch
http://www.hotelplan.ch

Von: Peter Guhl [mailto:pgnews at siconline dot ch]

An: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

Hello all

We need to connect a couple of clients separately to an PPTP-Server.

[PPTP-Server]---WAN (internet)---[m0n0wall 1.2]---[Clients connecting]

The effects are very strange but not as desired. Sometimes one client can connect while the others
can't. It seems to be possible to connect 2 clients if one is using the DNS-Name and the other one
the IP-Adress of the PPTP-Server.

We only connect the right side of this picture.

The m0n0wall has got a rule at the WAN-interface allowing GRE from anywhere to the LAN.

Any idea what I did wrong? Is this a general problem using m0n0wall? I remember a
m0n0wall-Installation where PPTP from behind simply did not work at all.

We have got an alternative setup using routers and firewalls based on normal FreeBSD. That way it
works.

[PPTP-Server]---internet---[ipfw]---[ipfw/natd]----[Clients]

Regards
    Peter